Dynamically enables native tethering for iOS3.X and iOS4.X+ devices. This should work on any carrier without the need for customized bundles or preferences. NOTE: You MAY need to reboot your iDevice if upon installation or removal cellular service does not return.
Update : Version 2.0-59 released !
v 2.0-57 Updated to support Verizon iPhone4
v 2.0.59 Updated a few Bug Fixes
Download 2.0-59 Cracked : Official (install all debs included)
- Updated package scripts to mitigate a rare problem that cause the device to need to be rebooted following install. The phone would say "Connect to iTunes" in this instance
Download 2.0-9(install all debs included)
- Tested with 4.3 beta to enable WPA2-PSK based wifi tethering.
- Allows up to 13 wireless clients - this is limited by the subnet size hardcoded into Apple's implementation.
- Added a preferences interface to consolidate Tethering related functions.
- Added a toggle to allow you to manually select your Tethering APN vice automatic mode. (Change under Cellular Data Network)
- Added feedback to be sure TetherMe is properly loaded. If the settings interface is fully visible, TetherMe is loaded.
- Misc cleanup
- Now requires APNEdit which should no longer cause crashes - that bug was fixed a while back
net.tetherme.apnedit_2.0-1_iphoneos-arm.deb (3.54 KB) Mirror
net.tetherme.preferences_2.0-1_iphoneos-arm.deb (7.22 KB) Mirror
net.tetherme.tetherme_2.0-1_iphoneos-arm.deb (6.53 KB) Mirror
TetherMe has been tested to work on all iOS versions from 3.0 to 4.0.1 and works by telling the iPhone to allow tethering on any APN that is used for iPhone data. As a result, you should not be charged extra from your phone company as all tethering data appears to come from the phone itself.
TetherMe also bypasses signature checking and allows you to edit your carrier bundle manually if you so desire. This is required to enable MMS functionality on T-Mobile. TetherMe does NOT enable the loading of APN configurations from .mobileconfig profiles at this time.
This method should work on every carrier without any additional user interaction; however, if you decide to tether without your carrier's knowledge and they find out, we will not assume responsibility for any additional charges or fees incurred.
There is no icon for this item. After installation or reboot, tethering will be available to turn on in Settings -> General -> Network, or install the Tethering Toggle for SBSettings
Hit the Facebook like button if I helped, thank you.